Wow! Here we are celebrating another year of Becoming Brilliance. Two years ago today we published our first blog post and it’s been an amazing journey ever since.
The past year has been full of ups and downs that has challenged us, and improved our faith. We’ve documented a lot of those moments through our blog, so we wanted to share 10 of our favorites posts from our second year of blogging, and why we love them so much:
1. Millennial Men 4 part series We learned so much from the guys we interviewed for this blog feature! They gave us the scoop on what Millennial men think about dating, love and marriage. Their responses to our survey was definitely insightful, and we appreciate their honesty to help us all in the love department.
2. 3 Life Lessons Learned From Skydiving – Teyonna can personally attest that the bigger the risk you take, the bigger the reward! Jumping 14,000 feet out of the air taught her about the importance of choosing faith over fear and knowing that God got your back if you put your life in His hands.
3. For The Culture: The Must Have App for a Lit Game Night – Some of our best laughs were over game nights, and in 2017 we added “For The Culture” to our favorites. We had so much fun playing this “modern spin on the classic guessing game charades that incorporates African American Culture, History, Music and Film” together. Check out the YouTube video below to laugh with us!
4. New Movement to Silence the Shame About Mental Health – Simply put – it’s important to have healthy conversations about mental health. We see the negative effects of not talking about it on the news and social media, but organizations like Silence The Shame is making an effort to change the stigmas against mental health. In this blog post we give six actions that we can all take to help change the negative narrative regarding mental health.
5. Bill of Brilliance: 6 Affirmations to Tap into your Magic – What you say to yourself greatly affects your present and future. You owe it to yourself to speak words of kindness and inspiration every day. We love that this post is a reminder that brilliance is your birthright, and affirmations can be your best friend.