Whether it’s your biological mother or another woman who was mother-like, we all have amazing women in our life who support and guide us. This Mother’s Day weekend, we were amongst powerful women full of brilliance like this at A Pink Affair II, hosted by Tonya Henderson Freeman of Dolls to Divas, Inc.
We had an incredible time connecting with beautiful women who were pretty in pink. With a shoe cam, step and repeat banner and gorgeous courtyard at The Villa Christina in Atlanta, A Pink Affair II was the perfect event to get cute, take pictures and embrace everything girly.
At our table, we encouraged attendees to write what #mamatoldme on a mini chalkboard.
We love ya’ll too much to allow you to miss out on the gems that was dropped at A Pink Affair II. Here are a few key takeaways that the speakers shared:
- Alissa Jones spoke shared how to elevate your confidence. Start by acknowledging when you have those low confidence moments. Then think about what you need to do to change your mindset. Wake up everyday and understand that as long as you speak positive to you, nothing else matters.
- Some things are just a moment – it’s not a destination. Don’t take residence in a feeling when a feeling was just meant to be a moment.
- Carol from GlitzyGals, LLC shared a few tips about etiquette. When dining, pass the shared plates to the right. Also when passing the salt, always pass the salt and the pepper together since they are a pair.
- Camille Cameron encouraged attendees to dream big and clearly establish exactly what you want out of life. She wears many hats, and how she became successful by getting intentional about where she wants to go and not limiting herself.
- Take your experiences and struggles and use it for greater good. After successfully battling breast cancer, Tammy Bolton started The Pink Frog Foundation, Inc. to help other women who were going through treatment. At A Pink Affair II she shared her journey and it was a reminder that we were all put here for a greater purpose – even if that means using your obstacles to make a difference in someone else’s life.
On our journey of becoming brilliance, we are blessed to be amongst other women who just want to see each other shine! Tonya from Dolls to Divas, Inc. has been mentoring young women for more than 30 years. Through her organization she helps cultivate positive girls into extraordinary women through group mentoring, events and other programs. In addition to A Pink Affair, she hosts monthly events to help women and girls celebrate, network and empower each other. She can be reached at email@example.com for more information.
We’re looking forward to A Pink Affair II next year! If you’re in Atlanta, we encourage you to join us!