A brilliant beauty can’t slay her day on an empty stomach, so it’s important to eat breakfast to start each day on the right foot. While it’s easy to skip breakfast, you should eat something in the morning to give you the energy needed to make it through the day.
If you’re always on the run like me, the easiest way to eat breakfast is to have something that I can grab quickly. Recently I made a yogurt parfait in a mason jar and it was delicious – my new breakfast go-to! It’s affordable and easy – you can even make a few at once over the weekend so eating breakfast is a no brainer once the work-week starts. Read on to see how you can make this jar of yummy-ness.
What You’ll Need:
- A small mason jar (I used a large mason jar and made enough yogurt parfait to last a few days)
- Greek yogurt
- Fruit of choice (I used fresh strawberries and berries, but you can also use frozen fruit)
- Whole grain granola
- Shredded almond
- Chia seeds
- Add a few spoonfuls of Greek yogurt to cover the bottom of the mason jar
- Layer fruit on the yogurt
- In a separate bowl, mix the granola and other dry ingredients of choice (almonds, chia seeds, raisins, etc.)
- Sprinkle the granola mixture on the fruit in the mason jar
- Repeat from step 1 until the mason jar is full
- Let parfait chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours
- Grab & go!
What are your favorite breakfast meals when you’re on the run? Share in the comments below!